Sunday 31 May 2015

Home | Simple Blooms: White & Green

Hello lovely blog readers, todays post is going to be something a little different (and rather short) but perfect for those who love and value the scent and look of blooms in your home. For those who aren't too fussed this might inspire you to head down to your local florist or wholesale flower market.

I spent the majority of my time on Bank Holiday Monday studying, but took a break to head to my local flower market to pick up some simple flowers to arrange for my coffee table. Having had quite a few bouquets in the house recently I was looking for something simple, clean and easy to arrange. Alas, I found these three beauties;


  • Hydrangea
  • Thlaspi Green bell
  • Bouvadari Royal White Verde*



I'm a big fan of rustic, messy looking arrangements for the house. Our house is very neutral in decor, and 'straight' if that makes sense. Lewis and I both quite like having a place for everything and keeping it as 'symmetrical' as possible. So having an arrangement with a little less order works perfectly in the house.

I used a normal chopping board I have to trim the stems to the size of the vase I was using and a good pair of scissors (I picked mine up specifically for flower cutting) to give the stems a fresh end. This will help your flowers last longer and tidies everything up at the bottom. Once trimmed, I filled up my vase with water and half a tsp of Sugar. I'm not sure if this is an old wives tale but I think it keeps the flowers looking fresher for longer.

The Hydrangea I picked was pretty large, so this was my starting point. I popped this in as centred as possible and added the Thlaspi and Bouvadari around it so that it looked varied and had plenty of texture and balance. After some preening, it was ready for my coffee table..


*I have a feeling it's a slight variant of this bloom so please let me know if you know for sure what it is! :)

What's your favourite floral arrangement for your home?


No comments:

Post a Comment