Tuesday 9 June 2015

Health | Super Simple Summer Salad: Recipe

These long summer evenings are getting me even more excited about the prospect of travelling around Europe over the next couple of months! Apart from my primary desire to spend hours laying by the pool with a good book, I'm equally as excited to be sampling some of the amazing food on offer (especially when we head for our Tuscan road trip).. pass me the good food and wine, please!

I'm pretty sure it's the heat that makes me want to avoid heavy/big meals in the evenings, but there is also something wonderful about eating something easy to prepare and good for you, and being able to enjoy it in the garden. Hence the emergence of this blog post. Since I started blogging in early May, I've really enjoyed making some seriously yummy food knowing that it's going to be great for my body, tastes good and I get to write about it!

This simple and easy to make Salad is perfect on it's own, or with a little bit of protein on the side too. We enjoyed this alongside some spicy chicken kebabs and a natural yoghurt dip, which went really well. As with any fruit and veg, if you can, do grab the organic or locally sourced produce as it's always nice to know it's come from a great place :) .... and it tastes better too. But I understand this isn't always easy. 


Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 handfuls of mixed salad leaves (spinach, lettuce and watercress if you prefer)
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 40g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 handful of pitted green olives
- 2 celery sticks (chopped)
- Small handful of Pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkle of crushed black pepper

The method is pretty standard, so I won't bore you with the details but once mixed together drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Ready to go!



Let me know if you gave this recipe a go, or if you have any suggestions on what I can add next time. Feel free to tweet me your pics.



No comments:

Post a Comment