Sunday 3 May 2015

Foodie | Simply Cook Review

It's fair to say that cooking isn't really my favourite thing to do. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because I find putting together a 'creative' meal rather time consuming and quite frankly pretty expensive. I've got  my fair share of recipe books that really do go to town on a huge list of spices and herbs, that sound incredible, but generally aren't that readily available in your average supermarket.




Around January time this year, I saw an advert pop up on my Facebook newsfeed for 'Simply Cook' a new 100% natural recipe mail order box that comes in the post each month, offering 4 unique recipes and all the spices you need to give them a go.. Masterchef problem solved. The Simply Cook website describes the emergence of Simply Cook essentially as a way to overcome the lack of time and resource issue most of us have when it comes to balancing dinner and a hectic schedule. 

Founder Oli Ashness first envisaged the Simply Cook box whilst living in London, living a busy life with little time to spare when it came to evening meals. Like many of us, he experienced the struggle of time and expense when it came to cooking and eating well. Along with a team of great chefs, these little boxes make their way to homes all over the UK each month, including my own. 

The recipes and quantities are great for us as a couple, and all the meals I've tried so far have received the seal of approval from Mr Smith (which is amazing, considering how fussy he can be with food). Not only that, they're super easy to make, normally under half an hour and the ingredients required aren't that extensive. Then once you've finished with your box, you can recycle the packaging too (enviro perks). I just take the little 'tear me and take me' ingredients list from the recipe card with me on my weekly shop and I'm ready to go. You can also grab yourself a Gluten Free box if needed.

These boxes have made a great addition to our weekly meals, and I look forward to trying them all out and maybe even repeating my favourites if I'm feeling brave. I've stored the recipes I'm yet to try in my Kitchen with the recipe cards too (picture below) so they're on hand when I need them. Highly recommended, super convenient and perfect for couples and small families.





If you fancy trying out Simply Cook, you can get it direct from the website Simply Cook for £10 a month, including P&P. Enjoy, and let me know how you find it!


No comments:

Post a Comment